Thursday, June 25, 2009

    R.I.P. Michael Jackson

    I've been in Wisconsin this past week for vacation and now I'm spending the weekend in Chicago and as I was on my way to the hotel I find out on Twitter that Michael Jackson was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center after being found not breathing in his home. It wasn't reported yet as to whether or not MJ was still alive but people were already twittering that he was gone. I was hopeful that he would pull through but then I found out about an hour later that it was true...the king of pop was gone.

    I remember growing up listening to Michael Jackson and Madonna only, so for the majority of my childhood his music was the only music I really knew. All of this is really sad and I don't think it's really hit me that its real. "Thriller" was one of, if not the, best pop album ever released and MJ truly changed music forever.

    I'm going to enjoy my weekend trip in Chicago and I will update everyone when I get back, but definitely make sure to listen to your favorite MJ song for the next few days.

    0 props: